There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
C PLATH MERKUR SE COMPASS
This exceptional black compass is U.S. Coastguard approved for use on lifeboats. It can be flush mounted and can withstand extreme weather conditions. The black housing of the compass is seawater resistant and made of a light alloy. The super-strong glass dome is insensitive to ultraviolet rays and is guaranteed for life against cracking, crazing and yellowing under normal use.
This Merkur SE Compass is manufactured by C. Plath in Germany and features a full spherical construction with an internal gimbal system which accommodates all angles of heel without compromising accuracy. The oscillation-free double bottom compensates for volumetric changes.
The accuracy of indication, lag error, and oscillation period all exceed the International Organization of Standards norm. Additionally, the compass vibration resistance exceeds requirements of BSH (German Hydrographic Institute).
Other features include:
- Red glare-free illumination
- Concave card with clear 5 degree graduation
- 3 lubber lines
- For horizontal flush surface mounting
- Accuracy of indication: less than or equal to 1 degree
- Lag error: less than or equal to 2 degrees
- Oscillation period: greater than or equal to 4.7 sec
- Temperature range: -22 degrees F to 158 degrees
- Three year warranty on body
- Compensation capsule available
- USCG Approved #160.014/9
No specifications found
- Code 73318
- Weight 5896
- Size X 40
- Size Y 40
- Size Z 40