There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
Prima Luce SESTO SENSO 2 robotic focusing motor
Based on the success of the previous generation motor PrimaLuceLab introduced in 2017, SESTO SENSO 2 adds even more great new features. SESTO SENSO 2 incorporates into a single enclosure (87.5 x 64 x 43mm) all the elements that comprise a motorized focusing system but, thanks to the great designers at PrimaLuceLab, it includes many new features:
- USB-C port to connect to any standard computer or EAGLE USB port: the USB-C port is a more sturdy, reliable connection and it is also reversible, allowing for easier connections in the dark
- Integrated WiFi connection with Virtual HandPad: if you don’t want to use a computer to control your telescope’s focuser, you can use your smartphone or tablet connected to the SESTO SENSO 2 WiFi network to control it with the Virtual HandPad.
- Self Centering Clamp (SCC) technology to connect to focusers without external brackets: easily connect it to most focusers (if needed, optional adapters are available for other focusers) with the bushings included in the box, improved over the previous version.
- Dimmable LED lights: LED lights on the SESTO SENSO 2 body are dimmable and can even be turned off completely. This way you can reduce light emission if you prefer during astrophotography or visual use.
- Compatible with ARCO camera rotator: SESTO SENSO 2 now comes with ARCO port to easily connect the ARCO camera rotator without the need for additional data or power cables.
Compact, lightweight and integrated design
SESTO SENSO 2 integrates all of the control electronics into a single compact enclosure with its ports displayed on the side. In the upper area you find the dimmable status LEDs that can even be turned off for better light management at night. Below the LEDs, you will find the USB-C port to connect SESTO SENSO 2 to an EAGLE or other Windows® computer using the provided cable, the ARCO port to power and control the optional ARCO camera rotator with a single cable, the 12V power supply port that powers the motor and integrated electronics using the provided cigarette lighter socket power cable (an optional cable is also available to power it directly from the EAGLE) and the port for the optional temperature sensor that allows (by using third party software) to perform auto focus adjustment procedures with the ambient temperature variation.
Control it via USB-C from the EAGLE or from any Windows® computer with a standard USB port
SESTO SENSO 2 comes with a sturdy USB-C port to connect to the USB port on your EAGLE or any Windows® computer (cable provided), and control it via the provided FOCUSER Manager software or the ASCOM driver. SESTO SENSO 2 uses a USB-C port providing increased reliability with its reversible plug: you can connect the USB cable in either orientation, preventing problems when connected in the dark.
Control via WiFi, from any smartphone or tablet via the Virtual HandPad
SESTO SENSO 2 now has built-in WiFi remote control capability so you can control it from any smartphone or tablet, without the need of a computer! Just connect your device to the WiFi network of the SESTO SENSO 2 and start the app - You will be able to control the focuser by using the dedicated Virtual HandPad. Thanks to convenient preset settings, you can easily record and move the focuser to specific predetermined positions - Great for visual use too! WiFi control works even if SESTO SENSO 2 is also connected to a computer so you can control it simultaneously from 2 devices.
Easily connects to most focusers thanks to its Self Centering Clamp (SCC) without the need of external brackets
SESTO SENSO 2 doesn’t require any external brackets to attach to focusers: just remove the fine and coarse knobs from your focuser and you will reveal a shaft. SESTO SENSO 2 is designed to fit to a 25mm diameter shaft, common to most focusers on the market (optional adapters available for focusers with shaft diameters of 33 or 37mm - other diameters are currently not compatible). SESTO SENSO 2 uses a new shaft connection bushing, improved over the previous generation, that has been designed to accommodate different focusers more easily. Another advantage of the SCC technology is that you can always use the manual (coarse) knobs of your focuser, even if SESTO SENSO 2 is installed (if you move the focuser by hand, in order to control the focuser again with SESTO SENSO you will only need to manually bring the focuser to the minimum position and press the "Set position as 0" button to calibrate it again). SESTO SENSO is compatible with many telescopes, like (but not lmited to these):
- SkyWatcher EVOSTAR 72 ED, 80 ED, 100 ED and 120 ED
- SkyWatcher ESPRIT 80 ED, 100 ED and 120 ED
- SkyWatcher Newton 200mm and 250mm, f/4 and f/5
- Takahashi FSQ85
- Takahashi FSQ106
- GSO Ritchey-Chretien with 2" and 3" focusers
- TS-Optics TSED80F7 (with 33mm optional adatper)
- TS-Optics TSApo60f6RED (with 33mm optional adatper)
- TS-Optics TSAPO72F6 (with 33mm optional adatper)
- TS-Optics TLAPO804 (with 33mm optional adatper)
- TS-Optics TS71SDQ
- TS-Optics TS86SDQ
SESTO SENSO 2 can be used with many different telescopes, like Newtonians, refractors, and Schmidt-Cassegrain (and aplanatic versions) with external manual focusers. If you are searching for a motorized focuser for your SC/RC type telescope and you haven’t already installed an external focuser, may we suggest our ESATTO focuser with a high load capacity, integrated motor, and the same advanced electronic control found in the SESTO SENSO 2.
Connect via a single cable to ARCO to remotely control camera rotator
SESTO SENSO 2 includes a special port allowing ARCO, the camera rotator, to be directly connected. With ARCO, you can remotely control the rotation angle of your camera in order to achieve perfect framing of the object you want to record. SESTO SENSO 2 and ARCO are designed to work together - You will need only one short interconnect between the two!
Compact and lightweight device, no need for external controllers
SESTO SENSO 2 encloses in a single compact package (dimensions 87.5 x 64 x 43mm) both the motor and the control electronics, all with the great design you’ve come to expect from PrimaLuceLab products. The housing is made up of a single block of aluminum (SESTO SENSO 2 weight is 380 grams), CNC machined, with a beautiful red anodized finish. The upper part of the SESTO SENSO 2 is made up of rigid plastic in order to allow the WiFi antenna to operate for an easier remote control.
SESTO SENSO 2 robotic focusing motor - What’s included:
- SESTO SENSO 2
- 12v DC cigarette-style plug power cable
- USB-C to standard USB cable
- Hex keys for assembly
- 5 color-keyed bushings for different focuser types
- Quick installation guide
No specifications found
- Code SESTOSENSOII
- SKU SESTOSENSOII
- Weight 2267