There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
MEADE STELLA WI-FI ADAPTER
The adapter that allows you to wirelessly control your telescope. Control your telescope at a distance without having to worry about your handbox cord length. Creating its own Wi-Fi network or joining other Wi-Fi networks, the Stella adapter communicates and aids in controlling your scope to making observing a breeze!
When paired with our Android and iOS app, StellaAccess, you now have a graphical interface for navigating the night sky. With this new adapter, gone are the days of handbox limitations; now you have a full featured planetarium at your fingertips that works in conjunction with your telescope!
Designed for Meade computer-controlled GoTo telescopes, Stella uses the WiFi capabilities built into your Mac, PC, iOS or Android device to point your telescope in the sky.
Many people get lost in the sea of stars, unsure of where to look. Now with Stella and StellaAccess, you can leave your woes behind and explore the skies with ease. See a deep-sky object on StellaAccess that you want to view? With a push of a button, your telescope will point to it. Stella gives you control of your telescope at a distance; keep the handbox at your telescope, and find celestial objects wirelessly.
Does Stella require internet access to work?
Don’t worry, you don’t need internet for Stella to work properly! Unlike Bluetooth, Stella requires no pairing and no special drivers. Supporting a DHCP server or client, Stella can enable your telescope to be remotely controlled.
All you need is a WiFi enabled device like a laptop or desktop computer, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android device.
How does Stella work?
Stella creates its own 802.11 wireless network. By default, this is an open wireless network called "Stella", but you can rename and secure as you wish.
You join this network from any of your qualified devices and just like that... you're ready to use Stella! As long as your device gets its IP address by DHCP, no additional network configuration is required.
Stella uses a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery. It has a typical battery life of 4-8 hours under continuous use and offers a “power-saving mode” to aid in increased battery life. Stella can also be powered from an external source, like USB ports or wall socket. Cables for both AC power (120V, 60Hz) and USB to micro-USB are included.
Apps, Software and Firmware
To complete your Stella experience, you'll download and use our telescope control application, StellaAccess onto your computer, iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch or Android device. The Stella WiFi adapter works seamlessly with StellaAccess app as well as the SkySafari software. Firmware is upgradable via computer.
Stella can wirelessly enable almost any telescope with a standard USB or RS-232 serial interface. Models that have been tested and are known to work with Stella include:
- Meade LX-200 Classic and GPS
- Meade LX-400 ACF Meade LX-600 / 800 / 80
- Meade LS / LT
- Meade ETX 80/90/ 125 (when equipped with #497 or AudioStar Controller)
- >Meade LXD 55-75 / 650-750
- Meade LX 90/ LX80
- >Meade Magellan I
- Meade Magellan II
- Some Meade ETX models (60/80) ship with the Autostar #494 controller. To make Stella work with these scopes, you need to replace the #494 Autostar controller (which does not have a serial port) with the AudioStar (which does). Contact Meade to upgrade your controller.
- Celestron NexStar 5i / 8i / GPS / SLT / SE / Advanced GT
- Celestron AVX / CGE / CGEM / CPC series
- SkyWatcher SynScan
- Orion Sirius / Atlas / SkyView Pro / SkyQuest XTg / StarSeeker / HDX
- iOptron SmartStar / MiniTower
- iOptron iEQ45 with 8406 controller
- iOptron 8407 / 8408 contollers
- Astro-Physics GTO
- Losmandy Gemini
- Vixen SkySensor 2000
- Vixen StarBook / Sphinx
- Sky Commander
- Losmandy DSC
- StellarCAT ServoCAT
- Starmaster Sky Tracker
- SiTech Controller
- Takahashi Temma 2
- Bisque Paramount + TheSkyX
- Tangent Instruments BBox Encoder System (and compatible)
- Celestron AstroMaster
- JMI NGC Max
- Lumicon Sky Vector
- Orion Sky Wizard / IntelliScope
- Takahashi Super Navigator