There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
Celestron AVX 8 Inch EQ Starter Bundle
The iconic 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain has been known for decades as Celestron’s most beloved telescope. Now beginner to intermediate astroimagers can have their own “C-8” at an extremely affordable price. This classic design has been upgraded with our StarBright XLT coatings for maximum light transmission. Combined with our fully featured Advanced VX mount, you have a setup that is ready for both imaging and visual observing.
- 8” (203 mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 84% more light gathering than a 6” telescope.
- 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77° latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
About the Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
About the Camera
The NexImage 10 is our first NexImage series camera to incorporate USB 3.0 SuperSpeed! With more than ten million pixels coupled with high speed data transmission, the NexImage 10 produces clear and detailed planetary images like never before. With super small 1.67µm pixels, smaller telescopes with shorter focal lengths are still going to yield tremendous planetary detail. It’s one of the best valued, high-res USB 3 planetary imaging cameras on the market. Best of all, NexImage includes everything you need to get started, including Celestron's easy-to-use software suite. The iCap capture software and RegiStax stacking software are the same powerful programs included with Celestron's high-end Skyris cameras.
Simply point your telescope at the Moon or a planet and record a quick video. The software analyzes each frame of video, throws away the fuzzy ones, and perfectly aligns the remaining images. The result is a bright, clear image with the maximum amount of color and detail. NexImage 10 is a great way to get started with astroimaging, especially if you live in a light-polluted area. If you can see the planet in the sky, you can image it with NexImage 10!
This bundle includes the Advanced VX 8" SCT, the NexImage 10MP Imager, and a dew shield. Bundle items are:
- Advanced VX 8" SCT
- NexImage 10MP Solar System Imager
- Celestron flexible dew shield for SCT telescopes
No specifications found
- Code 12026 - BUNDLE
- SKU 12026 - BUNDLE
- Weight 22679