There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
CELESTRON Advanced VX 8" Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astro
- Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Optical Design – 8” f/2.2 flat field imaging system with rare-earth glass for outstanding images free of optical defects like field curvature, coma, astigmatism and chromatic aberration across an entire APS-C sensor.
- Unlike the larger RASAs that work with DSLR and large CCD cameras, the 8” model was designed with color astronomical CMOS cameras, smaller CCD cameras, and mirrorless cameras in mind. The astrograph does not work with standard DSLR cameras.
- Ultra-Stable Focus System – six precision sealed ball bearings virtually eliminate image shift.
- Integrated air-cooling system –12V DC MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and provides optimal air flow while filtering out dust.
- Internal filter mount – seamlessly accommodates a Light Pollution Imaging Filter into the optical path.
- Performs over a wider spectral range than most telescopes, from 390-800 nm, so more of the light passing through the astrograph is in sharp focus.
- Advanced VX, the most compact and portable of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts, offers a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lb with the same rigidity as our larger mounts and minimal flexure.
- This mount offers every feature an astroimager wants: PEC, an autoguider port, the ability to image across the meridian, and more.
- NEW dual saddle plate accommodates both the narrow CG-5 and larger CGE dovetail.
- Accessories included: M42 camera adapter, C-thread camera adapter, and fan battery pack.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Optical Design||Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph|
|Focal Length||400mm (15.74")|
|Central obstruction diameter||93mm (3.66") (46% of aperture diameter)|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||843x|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.68 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.57 arc seconds|
|Image Circle||22mm (.86") Ø, 3.15°|
|Useable field||32mm (1.26") Ø, 4.6°, only minimal performance loss at edge of FOV|
|Wavelength range||390 - 800 nm|
|Spot size||< 4.6 μm RMS across image circle|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Off-axis Illumination||93% at 11mm (.43") off-axis|
|Optical Window||46mm (1.81") Ø|
|Back focus with included camera adapter||25mm (.98")|
|Back focus from top of threaded collar||29mm (1.14")|
|Optical Tube Length||628mm (24.7")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||235mm (9.3")|
|Focuser||Ultra-Stable Focusing System|
|Optical Tube Weight||17 lbs (7.7 kg)|
|Other Features||Air-cooling system, integrated filter mount|
|Included items||M42 camera adapter, C-thread camera adapter, fan battery pack|
|Dovetail||CGE Dovetail Bar|
|Mount Type||Computerized Equatorial|
|Instrument load capacity||30 lbs (13.6 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||1118mm - 1626mm (44" – 64")|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||50.8mm (2") Stainless Steel|
|Latitude adjustment range||7° - 77°|
|Mount Head Weight||17 lbs (7.71 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 12 lbs|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 4°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Dual saddle plate (CG-5 and CGE saddle)|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||3 Aux ports (1 hand control and 2 AUX ports for optional accessories)|
|USB Port||Yes, input on Hand Control|
|Power Requirements||12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Computerized Hand Control||NexStar+ hand control with LCD display, 19 fiber-optic backlit LED buttons|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||47 lbs (21.31 kg)|
|Included Items||Advanced VX Equatorial Head| Tripod| Accessory Tray|1 x 12 lbs counterweight| NexStar+ Hand Control| DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)|