There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
CELESTRON Advanced VX 7" Maksutov Cassegrain
- 700 Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with f/15 focal ratio provides high contrast views of the planets and lunar landscapes, perfect for serious planetary imagers and visual observers.
- Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coatings ensure maximum light transmission.
- Advanced VX, the most compact and portable of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts, offers a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lb with the same rigidity as our larger mounts and minimal flexure.
- Every feature an astroimager wants: PEC, an autoguider port, the ability to image across the meridian, and more.
- NEW dual saddle plate accommodates both the narrow CG-5 and larger CGE dovetail.
- Accessories included: 2” Visual Back, 2” Star Diagonal with 1.25” adapter, 28mm eyepiece (2”), 8x50 finderscope.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||2700mm (106.3")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||28mm (1.1") 2" eyepiece|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||96x|
|Finderscope||8x50 Straight Through|
|Star Diagonal||2" Star Diagonal with 1.25" adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification||420x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||67x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.9|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.64 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.52 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||661x|
|Central Obstruction Diameter||42mm (1.65") (5.45% of aperture area; 23.3% by diameter)|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||571.5mm (22.5")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||222.25mm (8.75")|
|Optical Tube Weight||19 lbs (8.6 kg)|
|Dovetail||CGE Dovetail Bar|
|Mount Type||Computerized Equatorial|
|Instrument load capacity||30 lbs (13.6 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||1118mm - 1626mm (44" – 64")|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||50.8mm (2") Stainless Steel|
|Latitude adjustment range||7° - 77°|
|Mount Head Weight||17 lbs (7.71 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 12 lbs|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 4°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Dual saddle plate (CG-5 and CGE saddle)|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||3 Aux ports (1 hand control and 2 AUX ports for optional accessories)|
|USB Port||Yes, input on Hand Control|
|Power Requirements||12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Computerized Hand Control||NexStar+ hand control with LCD display, 19 fiber-optic backlit LED buttons|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||47 lbs (21.31 kg)|
|Included Items||Advanced VX Equatorial Head| Tripod| Accessory Tray|1 x 12 lbs counterweight| NexStar+ Hand Control| DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)|