There are no products in your cart. Perhaps the item you chose is sold out.
Altair 10x60mm RACI Finder Scope (90 deg erect image prism, variable illuminator, eyepiece)
The Altair Astro 10x60mm finder scope is a larger and more powerful upgrade to standard 8x50 finders. It gathers more light, resulting in a brighter image delivering almost half again as much light to your eye. Many more objects are visible in this finder than in standard 50mm finders.
The Altair Astro 60mm finder also has many more features than your average finder scope:
- This finder is right angled for more comfort, with a corrected field (i.e. not mirror-reversed like other finders), so objects actually match their orientation in your star chart.
- The focuser can also be rotated 360° and locked in seconds (requiring some re-alignment afterwards). The 10mm larger objective and a little extra power compare to 8x50 finders, yet has almost the same size and weight.
- The included quick-release finder base has 4x 4mm slotted holes in the base allowing you to fit it to most telescopes on the market. (The mini-dovetail wedge on the bracket will fit any GSO or Skywatcher telescope directly in fact but we suggest you use the included base if it fits the tube, because it has 2x clamping screws, for better alignment).
- The CNC machined bracket is light yet rigid to keep alignment. Nylon tipped screws do not damage the durable high quality and moisture resistant powder coated aluminium tube.
- All objective lenses are anti-reflection coated and the tube and dewshield are internally blackened to increase contrast. The included illuminator has a variable setting, which illuminates the cross hairs in the eyepiece. The included eyepiece has a dark field illuminated cross-hair, so you can easily see it glowing faintly against the background sky, an upgrade for standard finders with dark cross-hairs.
- The high quality 1.25” FMC illuminated eyepiece has good eye relief for glasses-wearers, and a wide field of view. It has a side-port to screw in the included variable darkfield illuminated reticule, and the finder can be very easily focused, using the included helical focuser integrated with the prism diagonal.
The higher 10x magnification is better for astro-imagers who want to centre an object more precisely in the camera field-of-view, yet the field of view is still very large.
Weight is 955g.
No specifications found
- Code AF60-RACI-IREP
- SKU AF60-RACI-IREP
- Weight 3175